Sunday, July 01, 2007

First for everything.

My first love was Ben.

He was beautiful. His eyes and his smile knocked me over every time I saw him. Those brown eyes were just too much for me to resist.

He was on the shorter side, with black hair, speckled here and there with tan and white spots. He had floppy ears that perked up when you called his name.

And he had a limp.

We don't really know why Ben limped, but considering he strolled in from the street, we can guess pretty accurately. He was just plain lucky.

I loved Ben more than anything. He was someone I could take care of; someone that needed and thrived on my love.

But just a few short months later, after I had enough time to grow attached, Ben threw himself in front of a car.

But I loved Ben.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so sad.