Monday, December 03, 2007

PART 3: A Word from God To His Beloved

(emphasis added)
When I, your God, look into your eyes, I see all your potential and all your gifts. I see what you can be and I redeem what has been. I love every part of you, even the parts you don't like. I love the inside of you and the outside of you.

You are, after all, my idea, and you are physically and emotionally beautiful to me. I am, in face, enthralled by your beauty. I am captivated by you, smitten by you, fascinated, spellbound, and delighted by you. I am taken by your charm. I am intensely interested in you.

I am not distracted by anything when you are talking to me; you have my undivided attention. Your laughter brings me pleasure; the way that you think brings me joy. I am never bored by you; I certainly never think you ordinary. You will never go unnoticed by me. You are incredibly, breathtakingly beautiful to me. My love for you is individual, one-to-one, intimate, personal, and romantic. It is passionate and pure and without reservation.

I will never hold back my affection for you. I will never play games with your heart. I will never stand you up or be too busy for you. I will always show up, I will always remember, and I will always keep my promises. My love for you is unrelenting. I will never leave you even if you leave me. My excitement over you will never wane. My love is not namby-pamby, it is not fickle. I have seen you across a crowded room and I cannot take my eyes off you.

The love I have for you is the love your soul has yearned for. It is an intimate, vulnerable, completing kind of love. You are not just one of the sheep in my pasture, you are my blessed, favorite child and you belong to me. I know you deeply, perfectly, completely. I see you when you are hurting and when you are taken for granted by those you love and when you are exhausted and frustrated and misunderstood and disappointed and I hold you in my arms and love you. I never take my eyes off you. You are known and loved beyond your imagination.

My ear is always inclined toward your heart. I am always here to listen to you even when you cannot think what to say to me and when your heart is dry. I am your rescuer, I will deliver you, I will protect you, I will conquer your foes, and I will fight your battles if you let me. I accept you as you are. You do not have to become something else for me to love you.

You cannot do anything to make me love you more and you cannot do anything to make me love you less. I love you equally on the days when you are weak and frail as on the days when you are strong and vibrant. I will love you even when you think you have disappointed me, I will love you through the dark places; I will love you even when you doubt my love. My love will never fail you. My love runs toward you, it finds you even when you are hiding.

It will never let you go, it will never end.

You think that my love for you is irrational, illogical because you know your faults and you are right... it is irrational and illogical.

but this is part of what believing in my is about; it's believing that this is how I feel about you despite the circumstances you face.

Just believe it, my beautiful child! I see you over there, I am calling to you. I have chosen your favorite music; let me take you into my strong arms and come dance with me!

No comments: