Friday, November 03, 2006

When it gets cold on the outside....

All my extremities are numb. I can't feel my fingers or toes or nose. My ring is sliding around my ring finger as it does when the cold sets in. I have to take it off to type or it just keeps getting in the way.

My application for the school where I'll be teaching came through today. That means I'm pretty much in. It's a scary thought. It's been a long week... and it's not over yet. I just wonder if next week will be as consuming.

I'm taking classes this upcoming spring. Photography, Guitar, and my required Health Ed. I want to take a dance class. My roommate really wants to as well. It's funny. I was all burned out with school not six months ago. Now I miss it. I guess I'm good at it and I like being good at something.

I'm finding it tempting to want to overload myself. I just want to gather as many skills as possible before going to Africa. But I can't do everything, I suppose.

The guys are missing me. I find it so encouraging that they enjoy my company. I wish I could really be one of them, but somehow I always end up being the mom/sister that they left at home.

It's late. I can hardly think anymore.

No comments: