Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Dream

No one ever reads this, so I feel safe in writing what I'm about to.

I dreamt last night about someone. I normally don't dream about people I know, but this is an interesting exception. I dreamt of a man I met through my Bible study- a man whom I admire. He was very sweet in the dream, moreso than he is in life. Then again, in life he never remembers my name. In my dream he definitely knew me.

I'm known for having action-packed dreams. This wasn't one. He and I were walking around, spending time together and having great conversations. Usually my dreams are very shallow as far as realism goes, but this one was vivid. When I woke, I could still feel the brush of his lips on mine.

This man came to my birthday party, but I'm not sure he knew it was for me when he came. He's always been very kind and cordial, but passingly so. He never remembers my name. He wanted to call me Susan or Caroline. Everyone wants to call me those two names if they don't know my real name.

This is the kind of guy that will end up with a trophy bride. I'm not a trophy. I'll never end up with someone like him; those guys don't go for me. They go for the girls that will look good on their arm. They don't want a relationship- they want an accessory.

This guy seems deeper than that to me (but I have been wrong before). He seems like a genuinely devoted Christian. But I'm just not pretty enough for him. I'm to raw and gritty And like Julia Roberts said, "Creme brulee can NOT be Jell-O."

Except I'm more like hot wings.

No comments: