Monday, August 13, 2007

Snapshots of Life

The sparks flew high, leaping over the flames, climbing with the noxious fumes. Each one a tiny speck, glowing brightly from the heat of the fire, rose in sync with the blessed melody of praises, up to the nostrils of God, a sweet fragrance to Him. We sang from deep within our hearts. We laughed. God was there.
---------------

"This Page Left Intentionally Blank."

Why is it?
---------------

"Sing, my angel!" I whispered.
We erupted into laughter as the practice track's organ solo belted out riffs that sounded a little TOO much like The Phantom of the Opera. Choir is fun.
---------------

"Kathy, do you think you will run into Jeff Corwin when you're in Kenya? Because he's there pretty often."

"Yes, Peter. I'm sure I'll run into him on a stakeout looking for albino lions or something. In the middle of the city."

"Well, he is in Nairobi fairly often. You know, I was watching Shark Week. It was quite fascinating. But I wish they wouldn't shovel all this ridiculous evolution garbage into it all the time."

(Peter is 10.)
---------------

At church, sporting my new short haircut.
"You know, I'm just a long hair kind of guy," he said.
"Well, if you like it so much, you can grow it out," I patted him on the shoulder.
"It looks amazing," his younger brother said.
I blushed.
---------------

"Mom, what's lapidary mean?"
"Lapis. Latin for Stone. Why?"
"Just curious. Saw it on a sign."
"Okay. I'm going to sleep now."
"Have fun."
"Yep."
---------------
Things I say a million times a day:
Calm your body down.
That's not okay.
Use your words.
No tattling, please.
Yes, please or No, thank you.
You need to let the bug go.
I'm sad that you [insert offense here].
Do you need to go potty?
No, I won't be your mommy.
You're fine.
Do you think you'll live?
Come sit down by me.
You can get up now.
Go up the steps and down the slide.
---------------

New insight.
Read Philippians 4:8.

Then read Psalm 19: 7-9.

Notice anything?

No comments: