Sunday, August 05, 2007

When God Provides.

I've been really tight on cash. I mean, really tight. And rent was due Today.

Not tomorrow. Not, eh, in a couple days. Today.

So I prayed rather severely, knowing that God would provide and then I went to church. My paycheck which I was supposed to get on Friday wasn't ready because the person who was supposed to sign them didn't come in on time. So I talked to my boss (who goes to my church) and asked her if there was any way I could get the paycheck because my rent was due Today.

Suzie said, "Let me see what I can do. We're having one of those months, too, where it's like 'I need it now!' and it's just not there." She ran and cut me a new check, canceled the unsigned one, and got the new one signed. It was more than I expected. While I was waiting for the check to be made out, a lady in the church came to me and handed me an envelope. "Here," she said. "I want to give this to you. Not to your missions fund. To you personally." I thanked her several times and stuffed the envelope in my Bible.

My check in my hand, I headed to the bank to deposit the money. I knew it wasn't all going to show up in my account balance, so I just prayed that it would be enough to go buy a money order. "God, I need $350. Please just make it be there!"

The receipt from my deposit spit out of the ATM. $317.26. My heart beating hard, I took it back to my car and stared at the envelope the lady had given me. Sighing, I opened it and noticed $10 bills folded up. Four of them. $40.

"God, you're good."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you and I know Daddy loves you too - He takes care of his own!