Monday, February 25, 2008

Echoes across the Chasm

Who God made me to be is a mystery. I feel as if somewhere between the Beginning and now, I've lost track- like my real identity was stolen and I can't quite remember.

It's how I think an old woman might feel when she knows she's forgotten something. It's a latent frustration, a quiet misery that bores its determined way into my lonely heart. I know it's there... somewhere... If I could only remember. But my mind, it seems, or my heart, does not work the way it used to.

Maybe this is why the pantheistic religions appeal to me. They all focus on remembering your true identity. But for them, who you are is God. I am not God, but I do beliee that if we can remember who we were before the Fall, we'd find that we are far more powerful than we ever imagined...

God created us in His image- that is a beautiful, victorious, glory-filled thing! We are capable of fabulous acts, but our sin nature causes us to invent only destruction.

God teaches me that I am a Great Creation, His own Magnum Opus, but only when I am reflecting His Glory!

Juest the fact that I portray the image of God should cause me to act in a way that echoes this.

No comments: