Thursday, March 04, 2010

20 Questions (Post 200!)

For my 100th post I listed a bunch of things that I was learning.  This is my 200th post, nearly 2 years later.

I came across a list of questions that the writers recommend you ask yourself to find out what you're looking for, or what you want.  They say if someone were to read your answers, they'd know a lot about you, so I though I'd post this here. 

1. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
My mother and my best friend. They are wise and kind, and make sure that I'm thinking about my actions and behaving properly. And they challenge me to become a better person.

2. What is the one dream for your life you most look forward to achieving?
The one thing I want more than anything is to be loved desperately, passionately, but that's not really something I can achieve. So, for things that I can actually achieve, I would like to change just one life for the better.

3. Who has the capacity to make you angrier than anyone else in your life, and what in particular does he or she do to make you so angry?
My dad. When he's insensitive to others, or makes a joke out of hurting someone, it really angers me because there's nothing I can do.

4. Who has the capacity to make you feel loved more than anyone else in your life, and what in particular does he or she do to cause you to feel so lovable?
My best friend, when she spends time with me, calls me, shares her heart.

5. How do you feel about yourself—physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually?
I'm insecure about my physical appearance, because of all the competition we get from the media.
I'm pretty emotionally stable, but I have my roller-coaster moments, especially when my heart gets discarded like a dirty shirt.
I'm intelligent, but not brilliant. I like to think about things.
I wish I was stronger spiritually, but I can do nothing without God's help.

6. When do you feel inspired? How does it feel when you are inspired?
I feel inspired by nature. When I'm outside surrounded by trees or at the beach or on the cliffs or in the desert, I feel strong and small. I feel like I can do anything, and yet I just want to bask in the beauty around me.

7. What is the most important thing in the world to you?
To be true to who God made me to be.
8. If you had one day to live, how would you want to spend it?
With close friends, saying goodbye.

9. When do you feel most afraid?
When I try to figure out goals for my life and come up empty, or think I can't achieve them.

10. If you could accomplish only one thing during the rest of your life, what would it be?
Publish a book that makes people think about the way they view the world.
11. What bores you? Why is this?
People who opine all the time, and about the same things. I want to hear their opinions once. Then I've got it. Don't need to hear it every time I see you.  Don't you have anything else to think about?  New thoughts?

12. How important is money to you? How much time do you spend thinking about it?
Since I don't have a lot of money (or hardly any at all, really) I think about it a lot, and think about spending it wisely.

13. What is the role of God in your life? Do you believe there is a God, and if so, what is God like in relation to you?
God is instrumental in my life. There is not a moment that goes by that I am not dependent entirely on Him. God's plan for my life is the best possible path, and though it may be painful at times, it's never unbearable, because He gives me the grace to deal with it every day.

14. What three interests are you most passionate about?
Disasters (the issues that arise, helping people mitigate and respond, etc.), Languages and Communication (how people use words and nonverbal language to get messages across), and spiritual relationships (how we deal with each other and our pursuit of God in daily life)

15. Who is your biggest enemy, and precisely how and why did this person become your enemy?
I don't really have any enemies, but there are a few people who I think avoid me.
16. How important is food to you? Do you feel disciplined when it comes to eating?
I need food to survive. I am fairly healthy and try not to eat things that poison my body.

17. Does the idea of being married to the same person for the rest of your life sound appealing to you—or not so appealing? What is there about it that you would especially like or not like?
I would love to find someone to share my life with. But I always wonder if I'm interesting enough, attractive enough, and secure enough to sustain that kind of love. I feel like anyone would get tired of me.

18. Do you consider yourself emotionally healthy? In what ways are you especially healthy, and in what ways could you use improvement?
I am fairly emotionally healthy. However, I sometimes become too dependent on other people in order to determine my self-worth. When they slight me, I feel worthless.

19. Do you argue very much with the people closest to you? How does it usually turn out?
I try not to argue too much. I like a healthy conversation, a good debate, but I'd rather not fight with anyone.
20. What specifically would you like your closest friends to say about you at your funeral?
"She always had a kind word to say."

No comments: