Thursday, March 04, 2010

Trampled

That's how I feel.  Stepped on.  Downtrodden.

I feel akin to a shirt in a retail store-- tried on, evaluated, torn off, and discarded onto the floor.  Who's going to want a shirt with a muddy boot stain on it?

I don't want to just lay here until someone comes to pick me up, fold me, and put me away.  Or take me home.

But no one's going to want me.  I'm going to sit on the shelf until I get old and dusty.  And then I'll be put on a discount rack at a steep discount until either someone takes me out of pity, or I'm tossed away.

Or at least, that's how it feels right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may feel this way, but it isn't who you are. You are precious. You are beautiful. You are loved.

You are engraved on His hands; He holds your tears in a bottle. He will bring beauty from the ashes. He will lift up your head.

When God takes away good or even great, it is because He wants to give you awesome. He is faithful. He is here.

Remember who He is, and let *Him* tell you who you are.

<3
Zephaniah 3:17